An integrated environment of development (IDE) into C/C ++, Dev-C ++ has compiler based on Mingw of GCC, but it can also be used with CygWin. It is necessary for writing, compiling, debugging and running programs written in C.
- Interface and tabs: With an option of checking Environment options ability, the main tab allows the spreading of tabs over multiple lines. Main functions are listed and some buttons such as “Goto Declaration” and “Goto Definition” are available on the editor right click menu. With these buttons, code navigation can become much easier. The interface is user-friendly using multiple options in plain sight and a generous workspace.
- Easy Installation: Though some installations with the case of the heavy-weights you can find in this software category maybe slow, the installation of this one is easier. You just have to try it.
- Formats and extensions: Thanks to Dev-C ++, you will be able to create and edit several common source file formats like .C, .CPP, .CC, .C++ or .CP. Besides, this tool handles as well header files with the following extensions: .H, .HPP, .RH and .HH. With the resource scripts (.RC) supported, users can save their projects in the native .DEV format.
- Support for multiple compilers and a RAD designer for wxWidgets applications. IDE available under the name wxDev-C++.
- Support multiple languages
- Compiling and debugging commands
- Integrated debugging (using GDB)