is a software designed to recover lost photos from memory card of the camera.
- Compatibility : PhotoRec works well with the following devices : hard disk, CD, memory cards, USB Memory drive. Also, it is compatible with digital cameras like Canon, Casio, Nikon Coolpix, Olympus, Sony Alpha, Pentax, Practica.
- Search : the software recovers the deleted photos in different ways. If the file is not overwritten by other files, recovery is faster and easier for the software. But in the contrary, if the photo files are damaged, it takes more time to take one by one the files and divide them into smaller parts to get better results.
- Photo formats : PhotoRec recognizes many photo file formats that are most used in picture taking such as : ZIP, Office, PDF, HTML, JPEG and about 300 formats can be added to the list.
- Files systems : Contrary to the photos formats, the software does not support file system and that makes the search possible even the file systems are damaged. Meaning that, search can go on even media system is severely harmed. The software can find lost files in the following file systems : FAT, NTFS, exFAT, ext2, ext3, ext4, HFS +.
- OS : Windows 2000, XP, Windows Vista.
- Memory : 1MB
- Open source software that is very efficient for finding lost photo files in the computer.
Alternative spelling :
Latest update on Friday September 28, 2012 01:12:24 AM