Free open-source disk encryption software for Windows Vista/XP, Mac OS X, and Linux
- Creates a virtual encrypted disk within a file and mounts it as a real disk.
- Encrypts an entire partition or storage device such as USB flash drive or hard drive.
- Encrypts a partition or drive where Windows is installed (pre-boot authentication).
- Encryption is automatic, real-time (on-the-fly) and transparent.
- Provides two levels of plausible deniability, in case an adversary forces you to reveal the password:
1) Hidden volume (steganography - more information may be found here).
2) No TrueCrypt volume can be identified (volumes cannot be distinguished from random data).
For Tutorial click here
- Encryption algorithms: AES-256, Serpent, and Twofish. Mode of operation: XTS.
[/faq/images/un1g6fjaFwxSZd10.png [Image: /faq/images/un1g6fjaFwxSZd10-s-.png|500px|]]
[/faq/images/HTmXd7dSBjEHU4Sc.png [Image: /faq/images/HTmXd7dSBjEHU4Sc-s-.png|500px|]]
Latest update on Thursday November 15, 2012 08:43:28 AM