Designed by the mathematician-programmer Ilya Morozov, Balabolka
is a free text-to-speech (TTS) utility based on the Microsoft Speech API (SAPI). The word Balabolka
is a Russian word meaning "chatterbox" in English.
- Text-to-speech: the application can be used for the assimilation of the pronunciation of a word and can be of a great help for visual impaired people. Original text can be taken from the clipboard, Word documents, PDFs, HTML files, and more.
- Recordings: its main purpose being able to transcribe text into audio files, recording the audio is also possible. Balabolka is using Microsoft Speech API so that users have the possibility to change the speed and the tone of the voice.
- Supported formats: once transcribed, audio files will be saved in WAV, MP3, MP4, OGG or WMA files. As for the text files, Balabolka supports the following extensions: AZW, CHM, DjVu, DOC, MOBI, ODT, PDF, EPUB, FB2, HTML, LIT, PRC and RTF.
- Multilingual: English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Czech, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil), Portuguese (Portugal), Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Spanish, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Operating Systems: Windows 2000, Windows 98, Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7.
- RAM: 256 MB of RAM.
- Processor: Pentium 200 MHz.
- Hard Drive: 7 MB of free space.
- Balabolka is entirely free and easy to use.
Alternative spelling :
balabolka- 22.214.171.1249.zip, balabolka.zip
Latest update on Monday May 26, 2014 09:07:56 AM